FEMYSO proudly presents the first European Muslim Youth Conference: GET ACTIVE!!!
FEMYSO is bringing together leading and active Muslim youth from all around Europe to look at the issues that concernus today, as European Muslim youth,and to look at the ways that we can contribute to the future of Europe.
The conference will encourage young European Muslims from different countries and backgrounds to meet to discuss and share ideas and experiences in youth work and to work together to find creative solutions to the many pressing issues facing young Muslims in Europe.
During the five-day conference, young activists from across Europe will discuss a range of issues of concern to Muslim youth in Europe, falling under 4 main themes:
- Citizenship & identity – what future for Muslim youth in Europe?
- Social cohesion & diversity - what role is there for Muslim youth organisations in the European public sphere? Are existing models of "integration" working?What impact do the current events in the Middle East have on European Muslim youth?
- Youth participation & leadership– how to empower youth as leaders and active members in their local and national communities.How do we develop strategic leadership in our organisations? Developing and sharing innovative ideas and best practices
- Human Rights & Islamophobia - how to address violence - how to combat discrimination – building anti-Islamophobia networks around Europe
- Encourage knowledge-sharing, cooperation and networking among Muslim youth and organizations across Europe;
- Provide a platform for discussion around new and challenging issues with a view to developing a vision for Muslim youth in Europe;
- Encourage active ethical participation and critical thought within European society;
- Mobilise and build the capacity of European Muslim youth and their organisations, and recognise their contributions and achievements.
- Workshops – to build capacity of youth and learn new skills
- Roundtable discussions – these will bring youth together with leading academics, thinkers, commentators and policy makers to discuss issues affecting young Muslims in Europe and solutions that they would like to see implemented to address these issues
- Youth awards - awards will be given to innovative and creative new projects and campaigns by youth across Europe, on the individual, local, regional and national levels
- Field visits - an opportunity to interact with European and local policymakers, governmental institutions, youth organizations, youth workers and NGO representatives
- Networking and social activities – a chance to meet and interact with other active youth and inspiring role models
- Conference Fair - an interactive environment to learn about organisations around Europe as well as employment opportunities at European Institutions
Among the main organizational objectives of FEMYSO is to be a platform for sharing experiences and building capacity of Muslim youth across Europe. This Conference would contribute to our aim of establishing a network of young European Muslims, leaders and policy-makers who will be able to work together to find creative solutions to the issues facing young Muslims in Europe.
We believe that it is essential this debate is heard and supported by as many of the key stakeholders and partners as the Council of Europe, ...
Participants will be chosen from: United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland, Sweden, FYRO Macedonia, Bosnia, Albania, Spain, Denmark, Turkey, Norway and others!
Interested in attending? Find out more about how to apply here